i don't know why i felt the need to do this.
i'm not cutting it, too bad for you.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
honestly, quite a few things come to mind... but i'll go with the most obvious and least incriminating: going to europe/studying abroad in sweden.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i don't think i made one last year. might this year though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
i don't think so
4. Did anyone close to you die?
my great-grandmother. i missed her funeral because i'm here. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
canada. sweden. estonia. latvia.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
it sounds superficial, but money. more $$ = less stress. perhaps a bit more self-control as well, hahah.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
music festival/roadtrip with meghan, roadtrip with poulin, leaving for sweden, and a few that are a bit more personal... so many fantastic things happened this year and i'll remember them all because they were new, exciting, and loads of fun.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
good grades, getting my visa stuff done (that shit is a pain!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
losing a friendship.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
virgin mobil music fest tickets. sweden plane tickets.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
april & and my other fantastic friends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
someone in stockholm
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my roadtrip with poulin. my roadtrip/concerting with meghan. roadtripping to jesus camp. the hick party. canada. going to sweden. going back home.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"girlfriend" by avril lavinge. "girl i wanna lay you down." many of the ridiculous songs i'll associate with sweden like 'uptown girl' and 'umbrella.'
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
happier, but in a weird position because i am now starting to realize i'm going home soon and i have mixed feelings about that
ii. thinner or fatter?
honestly, i don't know...
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
probably drinking. and being boy crazy. it was a fun year though! really fun.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
in sweden with some other exchange students who aren't going home
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
how i met your mother.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
still hate the same person. i have a love/hate relationship with someone new. and the relationship with my father has gone further downhill.
26. What was the best book you read?
last child in the woods. im reading more, now, again. and it's good so far.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
ABBA. and this song called 'D.I.S.C.O.' hahah. crazy euro-pop
28. What did you want and get?
amazing times with friends, the chance to study abroad
29. What did you want and not get?
a white russian on the boat to latvia. a visitor here in sweden. a certain someone's affections.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmm... i don't know. but i do know i reaaaallly want to see juno
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 20. watched an australian football game, went to a pub for a drink, out to a ridiculous club for more drinks&dancing, and then the craziness happened...
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
maybe being home for christmas.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
haha. i'm a jeans and t-shirt girl.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
well, britney surely kept me entertained. pearl stole my heart though. i'm not sure if "fancy" describes my feelings for them though...
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
i'm in sweden, so i'm neutral right now. hahah
37. Who did you miss?
everyone in the U S and A! now i miss my valencia girls because they've left sweden forever. :(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
my spanish loves. most of the people i've met in sweden. i feel like all of these answers have to do with sweden... oh well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
i guess i realized that if you're comfortable with yourself and the things you're doing, it really doesn't matter what other people think of you.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
ain't no shame ladies do your thing
just make sure you ahead of the game
yeah, i think that works.
Current Mood: calm